The extent of the engineering expertise of our team in technical subjects across the rail environment means AEGIS is perfectly placed to offer a wide range of training courses to the rail industry. Previous and existing clients for these services have included Angel Trains, Hitachi, Siemens, Southeastern, Magtec, Merseyrail, Amey Keolis, Petards, LORAM and The Rail Delivery Group (RDG) to name a few.
Our training offering covers subjects such as:
- EMC Awareness – An introduction to EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) principles, requirements, legal and standards framework as well as methods of addressing EMC in the Engineering Change Process.
- An Introduction to EN 50126 EN50128 EN50129 and legal framework – An introduction to the EN railway RAMS standards, law and regulation EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129.
- Safety Engineering Awareness – An introduction to Safety Engineering principles, methods and legal framework, including ALARP, integrity levels and the application of the Common Safety Method for Risk Evaluation and Assessment.
- Traction and Auxiliary Systems Awareness – An overview of traction systems in the UK, covering AC, DC, diesel and battery traction systems. The course includes basic principles, technical descriptions and issues affecting compatibility and safety.
- An Introduction to the CSM-RA regulation – An overview of how to manage Engineering Change and the associated legal framework and Safety Engineering principles that are to be followed.
- Engineering Change and Safety Engineering, CSM-RA and RIS-2700-RST– An overview of how to manage Engineering Change, the associated legal framework and the Safety Engineering principles that should be followed.
- Braking Systems Awareness – An introduction to the different types of braking systems, including their main principles, components and requirements.
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) Advanced – A thorough understanding of the Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) technique, including fundamentals of reliability engineering, FTA theory, analysis considerations and software tools.
- An Introduction to Infrastructure Work Systems – An introduction to maintenance strategies, track problems as well as the role of mechanisation and Production Line techniques.
- Level Crossings – Suitable and Sufficient Risk Assessment – An overview of Level Crossing characteristics, related risks and methodology conducting suitable and sufficient risk assessment in accordance with relevant ORR guidance.
- Performance Level & IFA SISTEMA – An introduction to Performance Levels (PL) principles, standards and legal framework, and PL calculation. The course includes the use of SISTEMA software and case studies.
- An Introduction to PAB Approvals and On Track Plant Technology – An introduction to On Track Plant (OTP) Approvals framework, process and good practices. The course includes also main OTP technical characteristics.
- An Introduction to the New EN50126 Standard – An overview of the latest RAMS railway standards EN 50126-1:2017 and EN 50126-2:2017, the overarching standards framework and their application in the UK.
- An Introduction to the New EN50129:2018 Standard – An overview of the Functional Safety railway standards framework, a detailed review of EN 50129, the latest changes and their application in the UK.
In addition to the training courses listed, we are also able to offer bespoke courses covering a wide variety of topics. These can be in the form of workshops or classroom based learning sessions, we can work with you to find the right option for your company.
All of the courses are designed and delivered by our technical experts who are able to share these aim it is to share their expensive knowledge and experience.
The courses can be delivered at your company premises or online via a virtual meeting platform
Please get in touch if you would like more information about any of the courses we offer: