WE ARE EXPANDING OUR TEAM
AEGIS is a dynamic and growing independent engineering company. Our vision is to be recognised and respected globally as the rail engineering consultancy of choice – a positive choice for our staff as well as our clients.
We are proud to offer employees an inspiring combination of a stimulating environment at the cutting edge of engineering in the railway arena, a supportive and encouraging working culture where work/life balance is a key element, and the opportunity to develop their skills and experience with one of the fastest growing engineering consultancies in the industry.
Engineers of the highest calibre are always required to help deliver expanded services and ridership. AEGIS is committed to supporting growth in the rail industry and in our company by increasing the breadth and depth of our specialist services.
We’re looking for engineers with excellent technical skills, a commitment to deliver first class service to our clients, and values that reflect our own – conscientiousness, respect, integrity, excellence and fun.
Position: Senior/Principal AsBo/ISA Engineer
Location: Pride Park, Derby
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary
We are seeking applicants for the position of a Senior/Principal AsBo/ISA Engineer. The position will report to the Head of AsBo and ISA.
In this role you will be working on AsBo/ISA projects, both Rolling Stock and Infrastructure. However, within the spirit of AEGIS, you may be required to support other activities within the companies.
Essential Skill and Knowledge
- Ability to accurately follow defined procedures
- Understanding of the principles of compliance
- Ability to demonstrate continued professional development
- Working Knowledge of EN 50126/50128/50129
- Working Knowledge of CSM-RA 402/2013
- Experience in delivering projects related to safety critical systems (e.g. chair/attend Hazard Identification, write/assess Safety Cases, etc.)
Desirable Skill and Knowledge
The following attributes are considered desirable for the role:
- Registered with a professional institution licensed by the Engineering Council
- Experience in assessing projects related to safety critical systems (e.g. chair/attend Hazard Identification, write/assess Safety Cases, etc.)
- Experience in working for a train operating company
- Experience in managing operational hazards
- Experience in working with signalling systems
- Understanding of the legislative requirements for authorisation for placing into service/bringing into market
- Experience of compliance management
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support the production of certification project documentation, typically including; certification plans, clause by clause reviews, technical files and certificates/attestation statements (i.e. deliverables).
- Liaise with team members (including Associates) and interface with clients on both technical and contractual matters.
- Interface with technical experts from other disciplines within AEGIS as required by the scope of each project.
- Contribute to the development of internal processes and procedures.
- Maintain your own competence and knowledge and develop your expertise in certification.
- Support business development activities including development of technical and commercial proposals for certification projects.
- Represent AEGIS at relevant industry events and committees when required.
Position: Senior Safety Engineer
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary
To support our Design and Safety Engineering projects as well as our Assurance and Independent Assessment activities and therefore good domain knowledge of rolling stock (either passenger or OTM/OTP) is essential. This should include experience in the engineering and functionality of railway vehicles and their principal sub-systems.
In order to carry your key responsibilities you will have detailed knowledge of applicable standards relating to railway safety assurance, specifically EN50126, as well as experience in the application of applicable legislation, such as ROGS and the Common Safety Methods CSM-RA regulations. An understanding of other railway standards, including Technical Specifications for Interoperability, Railway Group and Industry Standards and applicable Euro Norms would be advantageous.
You will have experience and competence in the use of RAMS tools and techniques such as FTA, FMECA, hazard identification, risk assessment and reliability assessments.
Our engineers’ interface with clients and other project stakeholders at both a technical and contractual level. As a senior member of the team you would also oversee the work of less experienced engineers, providing advice and assistance at the detailed level. As a project manager for safety related projects, you will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client and that of others within the team to timescale, cost and quality.
For this Senior Engineer grade, we are typically looking for between 5 and 10 years of relevant engineering experience.
Key responsibilities and Accountabilities
Providing expertise and advice on safety engineering practice and how to apply this to potential solutions.
Lead the development of safety assurance documentation:
- Produce Safety Plans
- Chair/Secretary HazIDs/HAZOPs
- Prepare and manage Hazard Records
- Define Safety Requirements
- Develop FMECAs and FTAs
- Write Safety Reports
An AEGIS engineer is one who combines excellent technical skills with a commitment to deliver first class service to our Clients, whilst living the values and culture of the business – conscientiousness, respect, integrity, excellence and fun.
If you share our vision and ambitions and are interested in joining our team, please get in touch by emailing your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have expertise in any of these areas, we’d like to hear from you:
- RAM and Safety Engineering (including Common Safety Methods)
- Traction and Rolling Stock Engineering
- Plant Acceptance
- On-Track Plant and Machines
- Level Crossing Risk Assessment
- Approvals and Authorisation Management
- Certification Review and Management
- Design Assurance and Standards Compliance (TSIs, NNTRs, RGS, ENs, etc.)
- Compatibility Assessment
- Independent Safety Assessment (ISA) and Assessment Body (AsBo)
- Software Assurance and Independent Assessment
- EMC and EE&CS Safety Case Development and Assessment
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems Engineering
- Structural engineering and FEA
- ERTMS/ ETCS Approvals