WE ARE EXPANDING OUR TEAM
Engineers of the highest calibre are always required to help deliver expanded services and ridership. AEGIS is committed to supporting growth in the rail industry and in our company by increasing the breadth and depth of our specialist services.
We’re looking for engineers with excellent technical skills, a commitment to deliver first class service to our clients, and values that reflect our own – conscientiousness, respect, integrity, excellence and fun.
Senior/Principal AsBo/ISA Engineer
We are seeking applicants for the position of a Senior/Principal AsBo/ISA Engineer. The position will report to the Head of AsBo and ISA.
In this role you will be working on AsBo/ISA projects, both Rolling Stock and Infrastructure. However, within the spirit of AEGIS, you may be required to support other activities within the companies.
Essential Skill and Knowledge
- Ability to accurately follow defined procedures
- Understanding of the principles of compliance
- Ability to demonstrate continued professional development
- Working Knowledge of EN 50126/50128/50129
- Working Knowledge of CSM-RA 402/2013
- Experience in delivering projects related to safety critical systems (e.g. chair/attend Hazard Identification, write/assess Safety Cases, etc.)
Desirable Skill and Knowledge
The following attributes are considered desirable for the role:
- Registered with a professional institution licensed by the Engineering Council
- Experience in assessing projects related to safety critical systems (e.g. chair/attend Hazard Identification, write/assess Safety Cases, etc.)
- Experience in working for a train operating company
- Experience in managing operational hazards
- Experience in working with signalling systems
- Understanding of the legislative requirements for authorisation for placing into service/bringing into market
- Experience of compliance management
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support the production of certification project documentation, typically including; certification plans, clause by clause reviews, technical files and certificates/attestation statements (i.e. deliverables).
- Liaise with team members (including Associates) and interface with clients on both technical and contractual matters.
- Interface with technical experts from other disciplines within AEGIS as required by the scope of each project.
- Contribute to the development of internal processes and procedures.
- Maintain your own competence and knowledge and develop your expertise in certification.
- Support business development activities including development of technical and commercial proposals for certification projects.
- Represent AEGIS at relevant industry events and committees when required.
If you are interested in the above role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have expertise in any of these areas, we’d like to hear from you:
- RAM and Safety Engineering (including Common Safety Methods)
- Traction and Rolling Stock Engineering
- Plant Acceptance
- On-Track Plant and Machines
- Level Crossing Risk Assessment
- Approvals and Authorisation Management
- Certification Review and Management
- Design Assurance and Standards Compliance (TSIs, NNTRs, RGS, ENs, etc.)
- Compatibility Assessment
- Independent Safety Assessment (ISA) and Assessment Body (AsBo)
- Software Assurance and Independent Assessment
- EMC and EE&CS Safety Case Development and Assessment
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems Engineering
- Structural engineering and FEA
- ERTMS/ ETCS Approvals