OTM & OTP
We have vast experience in successfully completing a full range of engineering and operational projects for Portable and Transportable Plant (P&TP), On-Track Plant (OTP) and On-Track Machines (OTM).
Active across the UK and around the world, our team of dedicated plant engineers – supplemented when required by specialists from the wider AEGIS family – has the expertise you’re looking for in engineering, operations and safety of P&TP, OTP and OTM.
Our complete service encompasses producing specifications for carrying out machine upgrades and modifications to assisting in the development of new machines. We can oversee your change processes and provide fully managed and documented systems, including professional design, analysis and innovative solutions to help you exploit new opportunities. We can manage safety risk assessments and the approvals process of machines to meet NR and legislative requirements.
Just a few of our recent OTM and OTP projects:
- Managing the introduction of OTM into GB both new build and existing machines:
- Reviewing design evidence and producing compliance arguments
- Safety (CSM-RA) management
- Performance level assessment
- Managing the Infrastructure Managers Product Acceptance process
- Designing modifications to trailer braking systems
- Designing a towbar to enable a specific task to be completed using OTP and trailers
- Independent Safety Assessment and Assessment Body of OTM in Running, Travelling and Working Modes
- OTP conformance to standard checks for foreign railways
- Design and approvals of dust suppression system for OTM
- To further complement OTM and OTP project work by AEGIS Engineering Systems, AEGIS Certification Services (ACS) is able to provide Approved Body (ApBo), Designated Body (DeBo) and Plant Assessment Body (PAB) for OTM and OTP.
Our experienced engineers can advise on the required approval route for your machine, and then undertake the whole process. This includes approvals starting at Network Rail Product Acceptance for small portable plant (such as impact wrenches), through to PAB approval of Road Rail Vehicles, up to mainline and possession approvals and authorisation of OTM.